I created a Google Alert for HTML 5 Articles. This is how I find out about the latest developments in HTML 5 news. I can follow all the links and read up about HTML 5. I always note certain points when I visit each site.
- Unique Content: Since Google Alerts show new content I rarely have to worry how new it is however it can be a new post on a old subject so I read it over carefully and follow links contained within in case they point to references about the work and I can determine how new the content really is.
- Link Building: I always look for a way to add some valuable information so I can drop a link to my specific page that correlates to the subject on Forums and Blogs. ( especially if they mention your name or business) you can drop them a thank you for the mention.
- Pagerank-Alexa Rank: I check out the Google Pagerank and Alexa rank to see if this would be a good place to drop my link, in return get some link Authority and possibly more visitors
- Contact Info: I always note the Author or Webmaster as I may want to trade links or buy advertising at some point. Also the Author may write Articles for my Specific Alerts that I may have set up as they may be an expert on the subject. Ask them if they may want to Guest Blog or write you an Article.
Search Query:In the search Query Field is where you want to put in your Keywords or keyphrase, you can put Quotes around the query to receive the exact search term
Result Type: Select the drop down menu and select what type of results you want to see whether it be Everything, News, Blogs, Videos, Discussions or Books.( Good for Link Building)
How Often: Select whenever you want to receive the Alerts, As-it-happens, Once a day, or Once a week.
How Many: Only the best or All results. Only the best will give you the latest and most relevant results for your query. All results will give you everything.
Deliver To: Deliver to your E Mail address or an RSS feed.
Now you want to drive traffic to your Content right? there are a few steps I do to market my content.
- Headline: I make a good headline that easy and short. These headlines are in the URL and generally give a good point to the subject.
- Screen Shots, Info-graphics: I take a few Screen Shots and post them up with tags showing examples and this helps add to your content. Pin these to Pinterest and Chill.com
- Socialize: I then Socialize my content by posting to Google+, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Zurker, Pinterest and Chill.com for Videos.
- In Closing: I write about what I think about the particular content and look towards the future improvements and how it can benefit marketers like myself whether it may be positive or negative.
There are so many ways to do effective Content Marketing, finding the ways and keeping on top of the latest news, tips, Discussions and strategies can be a daunting task, however Google is making it easy for Internet Marketers to follow the rules by making and sharing more tools and Google Alerts is one of many I use to make Content that drives in targeted Traffic with little to no investment in advertising.